Full-time training at MGA
MGA’s full-time professional school offers options for up to four years of training. Students audition to enter a course at the level most suitable for them.
Professional training courses
Our courses are the product of thorough consultations with leading theatre practitioners from the UK and United States to create a comprehensive, modern and effective suite of programmes best suited to the needs of our students.
MGA is proud to be offering these training opportunities in acting, singing and dance in Edinburgh, all of which has been made achievable by working with faculty members from some of the world’s finest performing arts institutions in creating these courses.
These institutions include
- The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
- Bird College
- Laine Theatre Arts
- Mountview Academy
- The Royal Academy of Music
- Arts Educational
- New York University
The contact hours and range of specialist classes included reflect those of the most successful training establishments across the UK and USA. Anything other than this quantity of hours is short-change for students’ development.
These courses are aimed at preparing students for a career in performing arts or helping them progress to the next stage in their training. Great emphasis is placed on developing practical skills and the application of these skills in performance, with opportunity for personal and professional development.
With hard work, determination, the outstanding training at MGA and subsequent support network, our graduates can go on to long and fulfilling professional careers.
We encourage those who may be considering submitting an application but are unsure about which course to apply for to contact MGA to discuss their application.
We understand that this decision is one of great significance and it is cfrucial you make the right choice. We are happy to talk through any issues or questions you may have before making that all important application.
Current professional training courses
One-year Foundation (HNC) courses
- Foundation course in Musical Theatre (HNC)
- Foundation course in Acting and Performance (HNC)
- Foundation course in Professional Dance Performance (HNC)
Three-year undergraduate BA (Hons) Degrees
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre
- BA (Hons) Acting
- BA (Hons) Acting (Film and TV)*
- BA (Hons) Dance (Commercial)
- BA (Hons) Dance (Contemporary)*
BA (Hons) Top-up Year
For advanced students with appropriate qualifications and/or suitable professional experience to join the final year of our Musical Theatre, Acting or Dance degree programmes.
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre top-up year
- BA (Hons) Acting top-up year
- BA (Hons) Dance (Commercial) top-up year
Complete in 1 year full time, 2 years part time.
- Master of Arts (MA) Performance (Theatre Making)*
- Master of Arts (MA) Performance (Dance and Choreography)*
* New for September 2023! (Subject to approval)