Fees and funding for full-time training
The MGA Academy of Performing Arts is the only Council for Dance and Drama Education and Training college in Scotland. We are also the largest independent SQA Approved Centre running professional training courses in Scotland. All tuition fees are kept to an absolute minimum but do reflect the expertise of the teaching staff, quality of facilities, small class sizes and number of contact teaching hours offered.
Fees for full-time training courses at MGA consist of a Tuition Fee, paid in termly instalments each year, and a Registration Fee, paid each year.
Please view the fee sheet for full information and read the payment terms and notes carefully – you can also contact us to arrange a consultation.
Download the current fees for September 2023 entry »
When thinking about applying for a course with us, one of the most important issues to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
- All deposits and tuition fees are non refundable.
- Payments including deposits must be made by bank transfer (account details are available upon request), cheques and cash can be accepted with prior notice. MGA is happy to discuss other payment methods on an individual basis and accepts most credit cards.
- A discount of 5% applies for payment of one year of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of that year of study.
- A discount of 10% applies for payment of three years of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of the first year of study.
- Serving members of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces (Regular and Reserve) and their children receive a 5% discount on all our tuition fees.
Accommodation and living costs
MGA does not have any on-campus accommodation but will assist all students upon successful entry to a course by placing them in contact with local providers of student accommodation and private landlords.
Find out more about living in Edinburgh and student accommodation here »
Additional course-specific costs
Other costs during your training at MGA may include:
- Technical clothing as per class requirements
- Scripts/books as required by subject reading list
- Visits to the theatre
- Professional headshots
- International educational trips
- Entry into Spotlight
- Equity Membership
- Travel and accommodation for showcases
Eligible students can receive approximately £1,205 funding from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland each year. Visit www.saas.gov.uk to apply or to find out if you are eligible. You will need to apply through the SAAS website before the appropriate date.
Please note, applicants from England do not qualify for funding through SAAS or SLC.
Other sources of funding
Download MGA’s current suggestions for funding sources here »
Our current funding sources list is not exhaustive, and availability may vary from year to year. Funding sources will also vary depending on the part of the country you live in.
Details of available scholarships, grants and bursaries can be found on this comprehensive database of funding for both UK and EU undergraduates: www.thescholarshiphub.org.uk