Summer School 2015
If you’re serious about performing arts, make the most of your summer with up to three weeks of serious fun! Want to develop your skills? Meet other future stars-in-the-making? Find out what it’s like to be a professional performer? Or maybe all of the above…?
If you’re aged between 8 and 18, put your summer break to good use with a one‑week, two-week or three-week intensive course in performing arts at one of Scotland’s most innovative centres for musical theatre, dance and actor training – The MGA Academy of Performing Arts in Edinburgh.
MGA shines the spotlight on the performing arts industry for young people who are interested in acting, singing and dance. Classes will include:
- Acting and Improvisation
- Choral Singing
- Musical Theatre
- Jazz and Commercial Dance
and each week ends with a performance to show off what you’ve learned!
Each five-day session has a completely different theme and is led by the MGA team along with different guest tutors from London’s West End!
When is it?
The courses run during the 2015 school summer holiday in three blocks:
- WEEK 1: 27th to July
- WEEK 2: 3rd to 7th August
- WEEK 3: 10th to 14th August
£200 for one week
£350 for two weeks
£500 for all three weeks
MGA summer courses are so much more than just a holiday club or summer production! They offer young people specialist learning to hone their talent, opportunities to socialise and build confidence, and access to MGA’s amazing professional network.
The MGA summer school format is designed to give young people aged between 8 and 18 a real insight into the performing arts, and training focuses on both the enjoyment and the discipline of professional theatre.
- Sessions run from Monday to Friday each week, 10am to 4pm daily. (Participants can be dropped off at The Academy building outside of these times with prior arrangement – from 8.30am and as late as 5pm.)
- Each week concludes with a presentation of participants’ work for an invited audience of friends and family in The Academy building.
- Healthy breakfast and lunch options are available from our on-site, great value Café (if required).
Join us for one, two, or make the most of your summer and come for all three week‑long performing arts intensives!